Physical Therapist - Home Health - $10,000 Hiring Bonus
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
We are looking for a Physical Therapist for the Home Health
Direct Department at Home Care Services. Location: Hesperia, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours Shift: Pay Per Visit
Employee Job Summary: The physical therapist assists the physician
in evaluating the patient's level of function, develops and updates
the plan of care and provides treatment as ordered by the attending
physician. Essential Functions:
- Completes all assessments/evaluations, including OASIS if
necessary, at specific time-points as defined by regulation and
agency policy, accurately and timely.
- Develops a plan of care in collaboration with the patient,
family/caregiver and physician including frequency and duration of
therapy visits, specific treatments, appropriate goals, other
disciplines needed and discharge plan.
- Performs and documents physical therapy interventions including
patient education according to the Plan of Care and adapts these
actions as patient needs change, ensuring optimal outcomes.
- Documents patient status in an accurate, timely and concise
manner by use of EHR in patient home at the time of visit and
synchronizes by 10:00 AM the following day.
- Communicates changes in the patient status, patient issues and
concerns and changes in orders to the physician and the
- Designs and instructs a patient specific home exercise programs
to patients, families and caregivers recommending and providing
assistive equipment, as needed.
- Contributes to patient case conferences an indicated, in order
to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's
- Practices infection control and universal precautions for self
and others in patient care activities.
- Advocate for quality patient outcomes communicating with
authorization nurses and community vendors timely.
- Maintains patient rights and dignity.
- Enhances professional development through participation in
educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and
- Meets the productivity standards of the organization. Skills:
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to prioritize and critically think.
- Understanding of computer software and can easily adapt to
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints,
regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Time management.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations;
participates as a team player to support the team and Agency
- Demonstrates Values based customer service skills. Minimum
Position Requirements: Education:
- Master's Degree in Physical Therapy
- Degree in Physical Therapy from an approved program according
to Medicare guidelines Licenses/Certifications:
- California Physical Therapy licensure.
- Basic Life Support certification.
- Current California driver's license.
- Proof of auto liability insurance. Preferred Position
- Home Health experience.
- 1 year Experience as a Physical Therapist. Providence Home Care
is a trusted leader in home health, hospice and infusion pharmacy,
helping clients throughout Orange County, Los Angeles County and
the Inland Empire receive the quality care they need in the comfort
of their home. We are guided by our core values of compassion,
dignity, justice, excellence and integrity in everything we do, and
dedicated to restoring the health and well-being of clients and
families at all stages of life's journey. Providence Home Care
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, Providence Home Care complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. Company: SJH Home Health Network Category: Physical
Therapy Req ID: R354323
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Hesperia , Physical Therapist - Home Health - $10,000 Hiring Bonus, Healthcare , Hesperia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!